1. The British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson contracted the novel coronavirus in the line of duty. #Leadership
2. Even at that, he continued to discharge his duty from his self-isolation centre. #Commitment
3. When his situation became worse and he couldn’t carry on any longer, the British Foreign Secretary (Dominic Raab) stepped in for him. #Structure
4. He was not taken abroad for treatment. #System
5. He is being treated at St Thomas Hospital right there in London. #Patriotism.
6. The hospital is a public hospital where anyone can walk in and be treated. #Equality.
7. The media has been giving the world constant update about his health. #Transparency!
8. The opposition party is also wishing him well because he has shown great leadership. #CountryFirst
9. When he was moved to the intensive care unit of the hospital, it wasn’t shrouded in secrecy. #Accountability.
In conclusion: Leadership is not about the leader. It is about the people. Until Africans understand this, they will continue to rule (and be ruled) rather than lead (and be led).